The Continental Gynecological Society is an organization of couples who travel to diverse locations to share knowledge in the sciences allied to obstetrics and gynecology, calling upon expertise from the membership and a variety of academic environments, while building life-long relationships.
The Continental Gynecologic Society was founded in 1949 in Baltimore, formed with the idea that ‘the younger gynecologists and obstetricians felt that there was a need for a closer relationship between them.’ They wanted to start a club which would meet annually in one of the member cities. The purpose would be to observe the educational, clinical, and experimental work being carried out in the institutions of our fellow member and to have a good time.
The founders also created an organization where couples, not just the physicians, are of primary importance. The creation of lifelong friendships is a direct result of the Continental’s emphasis on couples and their social interaction.